Forums
from documentaries and interviews - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://webbsleuths.org)
+-- Forum: Ramsey Discussion (https://webbsleuths.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Prior sexual abuse (https://webbsleuths.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: from documentaries and interviews (/showthread.php?tid=14)

Pages: 1 2

from documentaries and interviews - jameson245 - 01-28-2017

Quotes from A&E documentary
Tracey to Dr. Beuf: JonBenet was brought to see you on 27 occasions. Does this number of visits strike
you as excessive?
Dr. Beuf: No, I don't think it's excessive under the circumstances. I went through her chart and
summarized the types of visits she had in the office in the few years prior to her death. She was here three times for annual well-child visits, one time for stomach ache, one time for vaginitis, one time for a bruised nose from a fall at a local market, and 21 times for colds, sinusitis, ear infections, bronchitis, pneumonia, hay fever, and possible asthma. A pretty wide spectrum of generally allergy and respiratory system associated problems which are not uncommon with kids her age.
Tracey: So that number 27, one would expect that other children would have similar numbers of
visits?
Dr. Beuf: Some more and in some cases less than others.
Tracey: In that kind of time frame?
Dr. Beuf: Yes.
Tracey: Did you see any signs of any kind of sexual or physical abuse of JonBenet Ramsey?
Dr. Beuf: I saw absolutely no signs of sexual abuse. I had no suspicion of it.
Man: Other media stories have suggested that vaginal inflamation released in the autopsy
report suggests previous sexual abuse. This conclusion is not supported by the balance of medical
opinion.
Dr. Thomas Henry:{Denver Medical Examiner} From what is noted in the autopsy report, there is no
evidence of injury to the anus, there is no evidence of injury to the skin around the vagina, the labia.
There is no indication of healed scars in any of those areas. There is no other indication from the autopsy report at all that there is any other previous injuries that have healed in that area.
Man: But the absence of physical evidence in itself is not conclusive. So is there any other
evidence for the media's claim?
Man: Lucinda Johnson is John Ramseys first wife.
Man to Lucinda: A blunt question, is John Ramsey a child abuser?
Lucinda: No he is not. He is affectionate, he is kind and very gentle.
Man: Any suggestions from other family, other friends, school friends, so on, that that may
be the case.
Lucinda: No. There have never been other suggestion from any other source.
Man: Peggy Ramsey, John's sister-in-law. Is John someone who would abuse children?
Peggy: No. No he is not and it hurts so much that people would even say it or think it. There is
no truth to that. If we thought there was, we certainly would have spoken up as a family. We
would have gotten together and said, look, you know, you need help but nothing like that ever, ever,
ever crossed our minds.
Man: John Ramsey's first son, John Andrew:
John Andrew: No, there was never any abuse in my family. Zero. None. There was never any
touching or anything weird that might be kind of seen as sexual abuse by some. Never.
Man: This is John Ramsey's oldest daughter, Melinda.
Melinda: I'm John Ramseys daughter. I grew up with him, he raised me and I saw him raise JonBenet
and I don't understand why they don't believe me --- That he is the most caring father in the world. He
has never, ever, ever abused us in any way. I just wish I could say something to convince them.
Man: These are family members but what they are saying is supported by Boulder social services.
After the murder they videotaped a long interview with JonBenét's 9 year old brother Burke. The police
watched from behind a two way mirror. Social Services later reported that there was no indication of
either physical or sexual abuse.
The police declined to take part in this program but even their inquiry supports the family.
Many months of investigation into possible sexual abuse, according to one law enforcement
official, had yielded zero - "Friggin' Zero!"

RE: from documentaries and interviews - jameson245 - 01-28-2017

From Schiller/Brennan book -- page 305 - "The FBI believed that JonBenét's vaginal trauma was not consistant with a history of sexual abuse, and they had turned up no evidence of any other type of abuse." They felt the sexual assault was not done for personal gratification but for staging.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I happen to disagree as I think the killer was a sadistic pedophile who planned the torture and sexual assault.

From the autopsy

On external examination at the autopsy, blood was found in her underpants. Physical injuries included: "1 cm red-purple area of abrasion is located on the right posterolateral area of the 1x1 cm hymenal orifice. The hymen itself is represented by a rim of mucosal tissue extending clockwise between the 2 and 10:00 positions. The area of abrasion is present at approximately the 7:00 position and appears to involve the hymen and distal right lateral vaginal wall and possibly the area anterior to the hymen. On the right labia majora is a very faint area of violet discoloration measuring approximately one inch by three-eighths of an inch. Incision into the underlying subcutaneous tissue discloses no hemorrhage. A minimal amount of semiliquid thin watery red fluid is present in the vaginal vault. No recent or remote anal or other perineal trauma is identified."

In addition, under microscopic examination, the vaginal mucosa was found "to contain vascular congestion and focal interstitial chronic inflammation. The smallest piece of tissue, from the 7:00 position of the vaginal wall/humen, contains epithelial erosion with underlying capillary congestion. A smaller number of red blood cells are present on the eroded surface, as is birefringent foreign material. Acute inflammatory infiltrate is not seen."

In a Primetime Live interview on September 10, 1997, Dr. Francesco Beuf, JonBenet's pediatrician, is interviewed:
"DIANE SAWYER: If there had been an abrasion involving the hymen, you would have seen it?
Dr. FRANCESCO BEUF: Probably. I can't say absolutely for sure because you don't do a speculum exam on a child that young at least unless it's under anesthesia.
DIANE SAWYER: Did you see in any of these examinations any sign of possible sexual abuse?
Dr. FRANCESCO BEUF: No, and I certainly would have reported it to the social service people if I had. That's something that all of us in pediatrics are very acutely aware of."

on three occasions JonBenet presented with pain on urination. Dr. Beuf explains the cause of these symptoms:
Dr. FRANCESCO BEUF: "For a child that age, certainly not. They don't wipe themselves very well after they urinate. And it's something which usually is curable by having them take plain water baths or learning to wipe better. But if you have four-year-old kids, you know how hard that is. The amount of vaginitis which I saw on the child was totally consistent with little girls her age."

According to one study by the National Clearinghouse on Child Abuse and Neglect Information who prioritize injuries to diagnose sexual abuse:

"Lower probability genital findings are as follows:

vaginal erythema, or redness and swelling, might be caused by genital manipulation or intrusion perpetrated by a significantly older person. However, it might also be the result of poor hygiene, diaper rash, or perhaps the child's masturbation.

increased vascularity, synechiae, and labial adhesions may be a consequence of sexual abuse, but they are common findings in children with other genital complaints.

common, hmmmm

Vulvovaginitis and chronic urinary tract infections can be the result of sexual abuse but also can be caused by other circumstances, such as poor hygiene, a bubble bath, or, in the case of urinary tract infections, taking antibiotics."

On five occasions he did a brief examination of the external genitalia. He said on Primetime live that he
never did a speculum exam and did not suggest in any way that he did any type of internal exam. Here
is the information on those 5 "vaginal" exams.
9/1993 -age 3 - JonBenét had had a recent bout of diarrhea and was complaining of pain during
urination and there was vaginal redness. Typical treatment would be plain water baths, possibly use of
an ointment.
4/1994 - age 3 - another visit concerning pain during urination - possibly related to bubble bath (a
known irritant). This is in the doctor's records and appears to be the only time bubble bath caused the
problem. Again, the typical treatment would be plain water baths and possibly an ointment.
10/1994 - age 4 - a routine physical, no inflammation noted. It WAS noted that she OCCASIONALLY
wet the bed - not unusual - Dr. Beuf told Primetime live that 20-25% of children wet the bed
occasionally at the age of 4.
3/1995 - age 4 - JonBenét was brought to the doctor with abdominal pain and fever. He did a full
physical check on her and ran tests.
8/1996 - age 5 - A routine physical (possibly a pre-school exam). Nothing noted as abnormal.
This is the extent of the external "vaginal" exams performed on JonBenét. Since the
only times she had genital irritations were over three years before the murder, I think they have to be
considered unrelated to the crime.
The last time Dr. Beuf saw JonBenét as a patient was five weeks before she died - a check-up after a
sinus infection.
After the murder, Dr. Beuf issued a statement - "My office treated JonBenét Ramsey from March,
1993 through December, 1996. Throughout this period, there has been absolutely no evidence of abuse
of any kind."
On February 14, 1997, Dr. Beuf was interviewed on KUSA-TV. He reported that they did ask him
about prior sexual abuse of JonBenét. His answer? "I told them absolutely, categorically no. There was
absolutely no evidence - either physical or historical."
In the British Documentary produced in the first half of 1998, Dr Beuf said , "I saw absolutely no signs
of sexual abuse. I had no suspicion of it. I always think about sexual abuse with any child ... who comes
through this practice, because it is such a terribly destructive thing ... in JonBenét's case I saw
absolutely no evidence."

RE: from documentaries and interviews - meibomius - 02-20-2017

(01-28-2017, 03:10 PM)jameson245 Wrote: On five occasions he did a brief examination of the external genitalia. He said on Primetime live that he
never did a speculum exam and did not suggest in any way that he did any type of internal exam. Here
is the information on those 5 "vaginal" exams.
9/1993 -age 3 - JonBenét had had a recent bout of diarrhea and was complaining of pain during
urination and there was vaginal redness. Typical treatment would be plain water baths, possibly use of
an ointment.
4/1994 - age 3 - another visit concerning pain during urination - possibly related to bubble bath (a
known irritant). This is in the doctor's records and appears to be the only time bubble bath caused the
problem. Again, the typical treatment would be plain water baths and possibly an ointment.
10/1994 - age 4 - a routine physical, no inflammation noted. It WAS noted that she OCCASIONALLY
wet the bed - not unusual - Dr. Beuf told Primetime live that 20-25% of children wet the bed
occasionally at the age of 4.
3/1995 - age 4 - JonBenét was brought to the doctor with abdominal pain and fever. He did a full
physical check on her and ran tests.
8/1996 - age 5 - A routine physical (possibly a pre-school exam). Nothing noted as abnormal.
This is the extent of the external "vaginal" exams performed on JonBenét.  Since the
only times she had genital irritations were over three years before the murder, I think they have to be
considered unrelated to the crime.
The last time Dr. Beuf saw JonBenét as a patient was five weeks before she died - a check-up after a
sinus infection.
After the murder, Dr. Beuf issued a statement - "My office treated JonBenét Ramsey from March,
1993 through December, 1996. Throughout this period, there has been absolutely no evidence of abuse
of any kind."
On February 14, 1997, Dr. Beuf was interviewed on KUSA-TV. He reported that they did ask him
about prior sexual abuse of JonBenét. His answer? "I told them absolutely, categorically no. There was
absolutely no evidence - either physical or historical."
In the British Documentary produced in the first half of 1998, Dr Beuf said , "I saw absolutely no signs
of sexual abuse. I had no suspicion of it. I always think about sexual abuse with any child ... who comes
through this practice, because it is such a terribly destructive thing ... in JonBenét's case I saw
absolutely no evidence."
It might also be worth noting that two of these visits (the two listed at age 4) took place during the period when Patsy was undergoing chemotherapy. Her profound absence and disability during this time quite possibly would have led to some degree of regression in JBR's toilet habits and hygeine

1997 Boulder County Social Services in Woodward WHYD - meibomius - 02-21-2017

To save a little time, I'm just cutting and pasting a post I made in another forum, in response to someone who said they remembered reading somewhere (on some other forum) that there had once been an open case with social services on the Ramseys about possible child abuse. He couldn't remember any details, and thought he recalled that it had been closed. I replied:

"Any history of abuse or even suspicion of abuse would have been all over the tabloids and we'd all know about it, I'm pretty sure.

Is it possible you are referring to the mandatory case that was opened in January 1997, required by Colorado law any time there is the death of a child at home? This is what led to the videotaped interview of Burke by a psychologist on 1/8/1997. The interview was under the authority of Boulder County Social Services, but BPD helped develop the questions and observed from behind two-way glass, along with representatives from BDA, BCSS, and PR's lawyer Pat Burke. (Woodward, p.206)

The independent psychologist selected by BCSS reported after the interview and after reviewing BR's and JBR's medical records that there were no indications of any history of abuse, and that "it was clear the parents did not discuss with him how JonBenét died." "From the interview it is clear that Burke was not a witness to JonBenét's death."

As part of that social services investigation, the Ramseys' names were run through Colorado's child abuse central registry (a reproduction of a page of case notes specifies on 1/2/97 info was "faxed to central registry" Woodward, p.206). Any hit would have been noted in their report.

[Maybe this should be a separate thread--that's what I thought I was doing. I tried to give it a title of Boulder County Social Services from Woodward WHYD. Feel free to move this]

RE: from documentaries and interviews - jameson245 - 02-24-2017

Feel free to copy and paste from other forums. It sometimes IS much better to respond to a BORG post or question here where it won't get flamed by the BORG bullies and can be taken more seriously.

I remember in the first weeks we were anxious to here if there was a file at DSS before the murder - - if there had been I certainly would not have been so willing to defend the family. At least that poster was a fence-sitter willing to ask a question. Unfortunately, the BORG doesn't allow too many questions to be answered without jumping in with

"are you stupid we told you the parents did it or burke did it and the parents covered and patsy's dna on the nightgown is damning but ignore the unsourced dna because people sneeze in Thailand."

The answer was spot on and I am glad the question was answered there - - and here.