April 10, 2000 - Thomas' book and polygraph issues
April 10, 2000 - Ramsey Update #73
News Release
April 10, 2000
Jana Petersen, Media Relations, (303) 441-3090
Ramsey Case New Release Index
Boulder Police Chief responds to
Ramsey-related media questions. #73
In response to inquiries from the media about the status of the Ramsey investigation, Chief Mark Beckner has issued the following statements.
Related to whether the Ramseys will be asked to take a polygraph examination:
  • "Boulder Police investigators did meet today with members of the DA's office and agents from the FBI to further explore the issue of whether to offer a polygraph examination to John and Patsy Ramsey. The process is ongoing and we will not disclose the content of the discussion or make any further statement at this time."
Related to Steve Thomas' book:
  • "We are not releasing information on strategies or tactics used on our investigation."
  • "I have not read the book, therefore I am unable to comment on its contents."
Chief Beckner also has made the following statement on the book in recent days:
  • "Although I have not seen a copy of Steve Thomas' book, it's my understanding that he is highly critical of me for not being more aggressive in investigating the Ramsey parents. This stands in sharp contrast to past assertions made by the Ramsey attorneys and the Ramseys themselves in recent weeks, and a former investigator with the DA's office, who accused the Boulder Police of being too aggressive. Perhaps that contrast in opinion illustrates the fairness and objectivity with which we have approached this investigation."
Chief Beckner will have no further response at this time.
--CITY--

Messages In This Thread
April 10, 2000 - Thomas' book and polygraph issues - by jameson245 - 01-30-2017, 10:33 PM