Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baseball bats
Two bats were found outside the Ramsey house.   Burke readily identified the one in the back of the house near where the kids played baseball.  He did not identify the one on the North side window ledge - though after being questioned about it a few times he seemed confused and said he wasn't sure if he had a second bat.  He said the bats were not stored in the basement but in the garage.

This is from the John v CBS lawsuit.  

173. An unidentified baseball bat was found on the north side of the house containing
fibers consistent with fibers found in the carpet in the basement where JonBenét Ramsey’s body
was found.
LOU SMIT: I am going to show you another bat. It's photograph number 410. This was found in a different location and I will show you a picture of that bat.

JOHN RAMSEY: Um, it's hard for me to tell whether it's similar, but --

LOU SMIT: Do you know what area of the house that is?

JOHN RAMSEY: Looks like it -- I know what it is. It's -- it is there it is here -- it's probably right in here.

LOU SMIT: The area of the north window?

JOHN RAMSEY: Right.

-1998 interview

There is also a picture of that bat in Paula Woodward's book with the caption, "Baseball bat found outside the Ramsey home.  Courtesy Boulder Police and Boulder County District Attorney." 
Excerpts from National Enquirer book, "JonBenet, The Police Files" by Don Gentile and David Wright

1998 June 25, 26, 27 - Taped Interrogation interview of Patsy Ramsey by Tom Haney and Trip DeMuth in Colorado

NE Book Page 229:

(Notations in italics by Don Gentile and David Wright from 'The files of the National Enquirer: "Patsy was shown a picture of a baseball bat that was found outside the north side of the house near the butler kitchen's door. A fiber from a carpet on the floor of the basement outside the wine cellar had been found on the bat."

Patsy Ramsey: "That looks like a baseball bat. What is that? It looks like..."

Trip DeMuth: "...That photograph was taken on the north side ...up by the butler kitchen door."

Patsy Ramsey: "Oh really. That is unusual. That is unusual."

Trip DeMuth: "Why is that?"

Patsy Ramsey: "It is not unusual for the kids to leave their stuff laying around, but they wouldn't have had it over there. It would have been - remember all of the toys laying under the swing set? It would be that area. So that is - that is very unusual."

Trip DeMuth: "They never took their toys on that side of the house?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Nobody hardly went over there."

Trip DeMuth; "Okay. The boys -"

Patsy Ramsey: "Run around, I know."

Trip DeMuth: "Would they end up playing over there, or do you know, is there any place they wouldn't go outside?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Well, you are right. There is probably no place they wouldn't go, but it would be highly unusual, is what I'm saying, for a baseball bat to be there, because there is not that much space over there. I mean, if they hit a ball and bat, it was usually over where the patio is..that area."

Trip DeMuth: "How about the bat itself, does that look -"

Patsy Ramsey: "Well, I can't say for sure. Burke would probably know."

Trip DeMuth: "Do you know how many bats he might have had? Would he have had more than one?"

Patsy Ramsey: "I don't think so. I mean, I think that looks metal. Metal bats are pretty - I mean, they are not cheap. So I can't imagine - I don't think he had more than one, if he had one."

Trip DeMuth: "But he did have one?"

Patsy Ramsey: "It seems like had had one, but I can't say for sure it was that one. Like I said, he would know. I'm sure he would know. He might know if they ever played over there, but that bat seems weird to me. Yeah, very strange."