?? Supposed Ramsey story
45 Pounds of Flesh
Book by Sans Emmert

Amazon

Might this coming of age tale of obsessive love reveal the motive behind the Jonbenet Ramsey murder? Damon was born of rape; a bastard whose adoptive father hanged himself after learning he’d been duped. The solace Damon later finds in murder-mystery movies inspires him to write his own, molding anti-heroes into real heroes. When Damon meets aspiring actress Kammy it's true love. Despite his promises to make her a star in his imagined screenplay, she remains aloof: Mature millionaire J.R. has already promised her a simpler path from Shreveport to glamour—once he's left his beauty queen wife. However, an unexpected pregnancy changes everything, and soon Damon and Kammy are ready to live their shared dream: Damon will work construction and write by night, while Kammy fills out acting-school applications. But the dream is shattered when Damon's new family vanishes without a trace, leaving him wracked and suicidal. That is until a blockbuster movie inspires him to write the script of a lifetime... Inspired by actual events, 45 Pounds of Flesh is the whydunit that might finally illuminate the most psychologically complex cold-case mystery of our time.
Author: Sans Emmert
45 Pounds of Flesh, an Interview with Sans Emmert
BooksGoSocial
This week, we’re talking with Sans Emmert about his new book 45 Pounds of Flesh.

Tell us something unexpected about yourself!
I made a deal with one of the sharks for a fitness invention to make glutes look better.

How did you get into writing?
In academia, I loved the research, but not the scientific manuscript writing. Writing fiction is a lot more fun!

What are your top 3 books of all time?
Atlas Shrugged convinced me for quite a while that libertarianism might actually be a practical solution to many of the world’s problems.
The Double Helix portrayed a career in science as mostly solving cool, complex problems with thought experiments while drinking beer in pubs, so I went for it. All Creatures Great and Small from when I had time to just read for fun.

Where did you get the inspiration for this book?
Shortly after the Jonbenet Ramsey murder, I developed a love-triangle hypothesis, but police were too deeply biased against the parents because of the killer’s intent to frame them.
I was inspired to fictionalize my theory after every network ran programs about the case on its 20th anniversary, but telling nothing new. My goal is to expose a new motive while there’s still time to catch this bastard!

How long did it take you to write this book?.
The first version took about four months, then it was one step forward, two steps back, as I trashed almost all of it and learned more about writing fiction. The whole process took about fifteen months. Reviews will teach me a whole lot

Have you got any writing rituals?
At the outset, turn off the internal critic and let the weirdness roll in order to get inside my character’s heads.

How important is marketing and social media for you?
It’s very important and necessary to succeed at anything these days.

Do you read your book reviews?
Yes. I take every review very seriously, and sometimes re-evaluate large parts of my book in the new light of what someone has written.

What advice would you have for other writers?
Just be yourself and revel in your uniqueness.

What are you reading now?
Power, Sex, Suicide: Mitochondria and the Meaning of Life by biochemist Nathan Lane. A very interesting concept on the origin of complex life, and funny how the tiniest components can rule the entire organism.

What’s your next step?
Collaborate with the social media marketing experts at booksgosocial.com while contemplating a sequel.
REVIEW FOUND

Weird and no connection.
By Reed on June 2, 2018
Format: Paperback
Received this book as an ARC for my honest review.

I am not sure where to start. This was the weirdest book I have ever read and it is supposedly based on true events because of the JonBennet murder. Honestly have no clue where that even comes in until way later but it really has no basis in fact from the understanding I have of the murder. You have Damon who has now found out that he is a bastard son of someone who raped his mother. He finds this out after his father hangs himself and he wants to help others by donating blood and he isn't the same blood type. Then his dog dies, then his girlfriend left him, she gets prego, she comes back, she leaves, they get married. They move. The lies, the convenient ways that Damon finds out about things, the anger the rage and the weird play scripts. There is so much going on but no connection to anything. I could have cared less about any of the characters and they didn't even seem to have a connection to each other.