on Burke
TT:  Um, tell me about Burke’s normal bedtime routine before Christmas. How does, how does he normally go to bed.
PR:  Oh, he, he um, usually does his homework and then puts his pajamas on and sometimes reluctantly and . . .
TT:  Um hum.
PR:  He loves to watch Discovery so he tries to, but he’s suppose to be reading a half hour a night, so we would read to him a little bit or he would read to himself and so he was generally pretty good about going to bed.
TT:  Okay.
PR:  About 8:30 or so.
TT:  (Inaudible) About what time does he . . .
PR:  About 8:30, um hum.
TT:  Burke also has a TV in his room, right.
PR:  Well, the TV doesn’t really work. He used it for videos.
TT:  Okay. He also, what kind of videos was he playing?
PR:  He loves anything that has to do with airplanes. He has, you know, these flight instruction tapes and . . .
TT:  They’re flight, like flight simulator that flies . . .
PR:  No, mean like the real (inaudible) pilot tapes, you know, to learn how to fly.
TT:  Oh.
PR:  He like to watch those and.
TT:  Okay. So he’s looking at doing that as a kind of a hobby or something?
PR:  Oh yeah. He loves airplanes, like John.
Burke's friends

TT: Okay. Patsy, tell me, let’s start with Burke. Um, tell me about some of the kids that he plays with. Tell me some of this playmates.
PR: Um, well, he is among a group of seven boys in his class.
TT: Okay.
PR: Uh, he uh, Doug Stine, plays with Doug Stine and . . .
TT: Um hum.
PR: . . .Luke Fernie are buddies and Anthony Pechio, from his class. Those are, Luke Fernie does not, goes to Mesa, but . . .
TT: Right.
PR: . . .he’s just a friend otherwise.
PR: Um, He played with the Colby boys which, who live behind us. . .
PR: . . .in the alley, played with them.
PR: Quite frequently.
TT: So he had kind of two distinct groups, at school, social group and then the neighbor. . .
PR: Neighborhood.
TT: . . .social group?
PR: Right.
TT: Okay. Um, other than the two boys across the alley, I know from the neighborhood, there’s not a lot of little kids in there.
PR: Right.
TT: Um, any other kids that, that Burke would play with around the area?
PR: Well, sometimes, uh, Scott and Pricilla’s children from other marriages would be around. Weston, Wesson or Weston and uh, Reid is the little boy I think.
PR: And then on the other side of us is uh, Luke, whose older than Burke, but he always been around occasionally, you know.
PR: And that’s about all I think.
TT: Um, what about uh, Burke’s friends. How often did they come over to the house?
PR: Well, the Colby boys, you know, since they were neighborhood kids, they seemed to come over more frequently, because they just, more accessible.
PR: Um.
TT: They’re the ones right behind you in the alley?
PR: Right. Oh, I don’t know. A couple of times a week maybe or . . .
PR: . . .something like that.
TT: Do you know about what time John woke up Burke to get him out of the house?
PR: No.
TT: Don’t have . . .
PR: Don’t recall what time.
TT: . . .any recall as to what time that might have.
PR: No, I wasn’t watching