Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trip Denmuth presentation.
Trip Demuth was charged with making a presentation to the Boulder police showing them the weaknesses in their case against the Ramseys. This is one way we can tell what evidence the police had, what they didn't have.

This thread will have quotes about the stun gun that are in the report.

Quotes 

WAS THERE A STUN GUN:
   No one can eliminate the possibility & there is no better explanation for the marks as of yet.

Four pathologists say they are consistant with stun gun marks.
    Arapahoe County Coroner had a stun gun case, and he said these marks are consistant.  
    Larimer County Coroner had a stun gun case on a baby - he said the stun gun marks are consistant.
    Dr. Meyer has said they are consistant.
    A CBI agent who did a study on stun gun marks says they are consistant.
    And Dr. Michael Graham, professor of pathology at St. Louis University School of medicine and an expert on pattern injuries, says they are consistant.

Dr. Spitz is the only one who has said they were not caused by a stun gun.  He believes they were caused by something the victim was laying on after the attack.  "

snip  then... "FBI equated Dr. Spitz with Cyril Wecht - no credibility."  
"We know she was laying on the garrote handle.  Compare the mark left by the garrote handle."

The distance between the marks is consistant with some stun guns.  This is within a coupke millimeters.  We must consider design tolerances & the elasticity of the skin as the gun is applied." 

"The Air Tazer electrodes are consistant in size and shape with the marks on the back  It is dangerous to simply dismiss this possibility - a jury will not."

(My note - I corrected spelling errors on this page.)
"There is the exact same distance between the two marks on the back and two of the marks on the right cheek.

Dr. Rau doesn't think it is a stun gun because the mark on the cheek is big and not a small distinct mark.
Stun guns can leave a peculiar signature of leaving one large circular mark and one small mark.  
The marks on JonBenet's cheek consist of one large circle and one smaller mark.  (There is also a third mark further up on the chin.)"

"Similarity between victim's wound and Gerald Boggs' wound.
  One small and one big circular mark.
  Caused by air gap between electrode and skin.
  Dr. Doberson   ( MY COMMENT... HIS ERROR, NOT MINE.  Meyer did the autopsy.)  in the autopsy, described these as an abrasion and not as a burn.
  A stun gun was found later and lined up to these marks."

"THIS REINFORCES THE CONCLUSION THAT IT IS A STUN GUN.
  No other satisfactory explanation has been given.
  A stun gun is inconsistant with the parents.
  Pretending it is not a possibility will not make it go away."
Further on in the presentation, he has this question:

"Why haven't the police ever gone back to talk to the experts who think they are consistant with stun gun marks?
Dr. Deters, the Larimer County Coroner
Dr. Doberson, the Arapahoe County Coroner
Sue Kitchen of CBI; and
Dr. Michael Graham, professor of pathology and expert on pattern injuries."

"With all of these questios, how do you prove BRD (beyond reasonable doubt) that an intruder did not bring a stun gun into the house?"
More on Spitz (I am correcting spelling errors)

Dr. Spitz says she was laying on a button or something.
The defense will ask a jury:
Why does the garrote cause a white blanched mark when she is laying on it?
Where are the rectangular buttons that she laid on? crime scene people find them? If not, why not?

You should ask yourselves, why does the FBI and Dr. Lee both equate Dr. Spitz with Cyril Wecht?

The defense will ask:
Why does Dr. Spitz say a hymen does not shrink after death in direct conflict with our expert sexual assault experts like McCann?
Why does he give a time of death when his book says you can not do this?
What does it look like when his opinion shifts from the blow was the last act to the blow was the first act?

The defense will ask what did you do to find someone with a stun gun?
Did you fly to the stun gun factory like you did to the duct tape factory?
Did you find out everyone who bought one?
Did you research for the purchasing record of stun guns?
"What is the paper that was stuck on one of the cheek marks?"
Dr. Spitz says the second mark on the cheek is a scratch mark
What does Dr. Meyer say about that mark?
If it was a scratch mark, then what was stuck on it?
If you cannot prove your answers, the tie will go to the accused. HOW DO YOU PROVE THAT THE PAPER WAS NOT FOREIGN TO THE HOUSE?
"What is the paper that was stuck on one of the cheek marks?"
Dr. Spitz says the second mark on the cheek is a scratch mark
What does Dr. Meyer say about that mark?
If it was a scratch mark, then what was stuck on it?
If you cannot prove your answers, the tie will go to the accused. HOW DO YOU PROVE THAT THE PAPER WAS NOT FOREIGN TO THE HOUSE?
My comment on the "paper" that was seen on face. It shows up in the photos taken at the house but seems it had dropped off before heer body got to the autopsy. I was told it was likely the stun gun was used on her after the tape was in place and the "paper" was some of the adhesive that had melted and separated from the tape. I have no idea if it was found or tested so it was properly identified.