Important info in "We have your daughter "
Currently reading this book and already blown away by how detailed it is...

This book has important info ....police reports.. Conversations with John and Pasty..

II will be posting the important quotes,  info etc that I find as I'm reading it.. stay tuned...
Okay so I apologize this will not be in order, lol. I will be skipping around.

Page 45:

(in regards to hand writing samples on December 26)

Unknown to other on scene law enforcement personnel, the second of the two detectives, Linda Arndt, kept a sample of Johns handwriting and didnt submit it to Whitson, who at that point was the custodian for the handwriting collection. This action was contrariety to the way a trained investigator or lab processor would collect a significant forensic sample. Accepted forensic protocol dictates the investigator or processor Confusedelects a team of trained personnel to perform scene processing, collects the evidence at the scene, bags and lables it and then transports it to the lab where evidence is being collecting.

(my note: One of the very sad, inexperience mistake that the BPD did. Everyone is quick to point fingers at the Ramseys, well what about the poor mistakes of law enforcement)
According to the National Institute of Justice, the following mistakes occurred~

*No one was in charge that morning. In order of arrival, first the patrol office, the sergeant and then the detectives should have taken over, removing all non essential people in the house and maintain an accurate entry exit log.

* The first two on call detectives should gave gone to the home immediately. Instead, they arrived anywhere from two hours and ten minutes to two hours and thirty minutes after they were called, having stopped by BPD headquarters first.

*The detectives were not properly equipped. Together, they had one tape recorder between them, so they were unable to record their interviews with the Ramseys.

* If a kidnapping had occurred, as first assumed, yellow crime scene tape should have been used for the entire room, not just JonBenet's bedroom, and the entire home should have been photographed and inspected for fingerprints.

*the one detective who was left(detective linda arndt) by herself in the home after !0 am should have had other law enforcement support. There was still the question as to whether the kidnapper would call, and more interviews with John and Patsy were necessary.

*John should have never been allowed to search the home unless a police officer was with them. As the parents of the victim, the Ramseys had a proprietary interest in the scene and could have changed it. Although there was nothing at the time to suggest they were suspects, there was nothing to support they were not.

Also, since no law enforcement officer was with John when he found his daughters body, his reaction could not noted.

Detective Lou Smit, hired by the Boulder DA officer during the investigation, later shared his concerns: "The lone detective should not have moved JonBenet's body from the main floor hallway to the living room after John brought his daughters body upstairs from the basement, as this served to further contaminate the crime scene.

The Ramsey family should have been taken to the police station immediately after JonBenets body was found for videotaped interviews, collections of clothing, physical forensic examinations of the bodies and immediate test for drug and alcohol.

John and Patsy should have been interrogated thoroughly and separately after JonBenet's body was found.

*NOTE: They ramseys had said they would have continued to talk with police if they'd been asked***

(We have your daughter, pages 114-116)
Per BPD reports, Detective Linda Arndt, who was the lone Detective at the Ramsey house, has contradicting reports different then Officer French's report.

"PAtsy had gotten up on the morning of Dec 26th, 1996 and had gone down the stairs from her bedroom to the kitchen.. at the bottom of the spriral staircase Patsy discovered a 3 page handwritten note... After patsy looked at the note and read it she ran to JonBenet's bedroom JonBenet was missing (Arndt 1-8-97)

Another discrepancy from Officer's french's report again referred to PAtsy. After she found her daughter's room empty, French wrote:

"She immediately called the police" (BPD report 12-26-96)

The Ramseys have said Patsy did not immediately call police when she found the ransom note and her daughter missing. she first called out for John. Together they checked their daughters room and then went to check on their son, burke. According to john, he was then on the floor in the kitchen with the ransom note spread out before him while patsy placed the 911 call.

Another question about perception from French's report.

"Mrs Ramsey told me that she had gone into JonBenet's room at about 0545 hours to wake her in preparation for a short trip the family was to take later that day". (report 12-26-96 1300 French)

(page 121 "We have your daughter)
Page 119:

Officer Rich French: (report 12-26-1996 time written 2317

"In the basement I attempted to open the door leading to the area where JonBenet was ultimately found, but it was secured by a wooden latch above the door. The door opened inward and I was looking for access out of the house. Since the door could not have been used for that purpose and it was latched closed, I did not open it. 

French wrote this report a little more then ten hours after JonBenet's body was discovered. 

His statements he wrote about the door are incorrect and misleading.

The door opened outward only, not inward.

French could not have know if there was an exit out of the room unless he opened the door and looked into the room to find out where it was led. "I did not open it" he wrote.

Officer french contradicted himself and provided incorrect information about the basement door in the formal debriefing two weeks later on 01/10/1996.

Per the JonBenet Ramsey murder book index, he told the senior officers who reported that 

"Officer french finds the wine cellar locked (BPD report 5,3853)
"Officer French thinks the wine cellar door is nailed shut (BPD report 5 3854)

At first, french stated in his report (BPD report 12-26-96, time written 1 PM)
"She (patsy) found JonBenet's room empty and then discovered the not eas she walked down the stairs.

In a later formal debriefing/interview, french clarified and disagreed with his own report, accord to police reports.

"Officer french does not know whether patsy said that she went in to get her daughter ready or whether she came downstairs (from BPD Report 5-3834
page 121

Detective Linda Arndt also contrdicited ther information about Patsy's actions described in officers frenchs report.

"Patsy had gotten up on the morning of Dec 26 1996 and had gone down the stairs from her bedroom to the kitchen... at the bottom of the spiral staircase from her bedroom to the kitchen... at the bottom of this spiral stiaircase Patsy discovered a 3 page handwritten note.. after Patsy looked at the note and read it she ran to JonBenet's bedroom.

JonBenet was missing (detective Linda Arndt- Date of report 1-8-1997.

Another discrepancy from Officer's french report again referred to PAtsy. After she found her daughter's room empty, French wrote--

"She immediately called the police " (Officer french, date of report 12-26-96

The Ramseys have said Patsy did not immediately call police when she found the ransom note and her daughter missing. She first called out for John .Together they checked their daughters room then went to check on their son, Burke.According to john, he was then on the floor in the kitchen with the ransom note spread out before him while patsy placed the 911 call.
Remember, these cops had no idea how to deal with the very emotional situation. They didn't stay in COP MODE but became fathers and husbands, aunts and friends. That was a grievous mistake.

Then, ironically, they attacked John Ramsey for NOT losing his mind but for holding on to the knowledge that he needed to remain as calm as possible, to stay in control and not losing it - - as he had to do in the Navy and as a CEO of a big company.

Had John been trained in investigations, he would have done a better job because he knew fromthe start that he wanted the roads closed, airports alerted, dogs brought in, FBI in house.
(03-21-2017, 10:33 AM)jameson245 Wrote: Remember, these cops had no idea how to deal with the very emotional situation.  They didn't stay in COP MODE but became fathers and husbands, aunts and friends.  That was a grievous mistake.

Then, ironically, they attacked John Ramsey for NOT losing his mind but for holding on to the knowledge that he needed to remain as calm as possible, to stay in control and not losing it - - as he had to do in the Navy and as a CEO of a big company.

Had John been trained in investigations, he would have done a better job because he knew fromthe start that he wanted the roads closed, airports alerted, dogs brought in, FBI in house.

I honestly think in this situation... it was damned if they do , damned if they dont. No matter what they did, they would get judged.

You would think with Boulder being a big city, they would have training in situations like this. I hope they changed their protocol after this. Doubtful but one can hope.

Im going to start reading We have your daughter again. Im halfway through the book and just got busy with two kids, lol. I will update this thread with my thoughts again. Anyone who has this book, please join me in commenting! book club! lol
Like I said, I recently started re-reading WHYD.

A couple of things to point out-

John Ramsey found the suitcase under the window originally horizontal.

The suitcase would later be moved from its horizontal postion along the wall to a vertical angle by a family friend.

John Ramsey said the suitcase shouldnt have been there. The suitcase was normally kept under the basement stairs with other luggage.

Its completely obvious that someone broke in, using the gate and suitcase as a exit out. Remember, he most likely was in the house for quite some time, so he was able to look around.

~~~~~~~~~~

Here is another VERY important clue. This clue hasnt been publicized and should be known!

The ransom note had many details about the Ramsey family. So many details , it makes you wonder how the killer knew it. Who was it? How did they know all this personal details about them?

Per WHYD page 71

"When the Ramsey home was apart of a holiday tour of homes in Boulder in 1994, flyers about the Ramseys were made available to visitors. According to the BPD, there was a copy of the flyer found in the basement near where JonBenet's body was found. This flyer provides information regarding the background on the family and could contain information observed in the Ramsey family."

Could have the killer have come through the house tour and had this flyer?? Very possible. It could have taken him two years to plan this out and get guts to do it.

Another thought- Officer Rick French asked if JonBenet could have ran away.

OH yeah, she ran away and then wrote the Ransom note.

Pathetic he could even think that.
Per the BPD police reports, mulitiple doors and windows in the Ramsey residence were found to be unlocked and some were open, providing more then eight areas of possible entry.

The house on 755 15th street was NOT a normal house. From the front it doesnt look that big.. but once you get to the side and see it from behind.. its HUGE!! The house DOES NOT have just two doors.

(so for the BORG who refused to acknowledge any possibility that there was openings for the killer to get in.. open doors, unlocked doors.. opened windows... booya. coming straight from the BPD police reports!