Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JMK handwriting comparison
Sample of Handwriting Comparison:
Can be seen better at this link:
http://www.google.com/search?q=john+mark+karr+handwriting+sample&tbm=isch&tbo=u&sour ce=univ&sa=X&ei=GojoUpazMYjc2gWozICQBg&ved=0CCQQsAQ&biw=1190&bih=665

Nancy Grace interview with Don Lehew 2006 http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0...ng.01.html 

GRACE: OK. Let`s show the viewers what really stopped me in my tracks when I saw this because I find his intruder theory to be crazy, wacky and unbelievable, but you`ve got to see this. Do you have that graph for me?
The comparisons between the ­­ OK, we`ll start at the top. "Will" ­­ that is from the high school yearbook. Notice the curving in the parallel "L`s." "Still" ­­ got it in the ransom note. "All" ­ ­ the "a" with the umbrella, "a," umbrella, still the curved parallel "l`s." "Excellent" ­­ and I`m looking at the "t." Catch this for me, Dusty (ph). If you see the "t" has a tail. There`s a tail here. There`s a tail here in the ransom note. Same thing in these "t`s". 

They`ve got tails and umbrellas over the "a." The umbrella over the "a" very unusual. Really unusual is the teardrop "d," as in "dog," "d" ­­ "around" and "delivery adequate." This is years later. The "w," the same.
And very importantly, the "a."You`ve all heard of handwriting analysis. Joining us tonight is a veteran handwriting comparison expert. His name, Don Lehew, and he believes Karr did, in fact, write the ransom note. Mr. Lehew, thank you for being with us. 

DON LEHEW, HANDWRITING EXPERT: Glad to be here
GRACE: Sir, you have taken a look at not only the ransom note ­­ how many pages was that thing? I`ve got it right here. Let`s see ­­ one, two, three, and then there was the practice ransom note. That should give the police pretty good fodder to make a handwriting comparison. You`ve looked at that and his current known handwriting. What do you think?
LEHEW: I looked at that. I looked at a little of his known handwriting, and I also looked at handwriting from back when he was ­­ in his high school yearbook.
GRACE: And what did you see?
LEHEW: I found significant comparison documents that were adequate to convince me that he is the one that wrote the ransom note.
GRACE: Well, what really got me ­­ and Elizabeth, when you can, pull this up for the viewers. At first, I thought it was all bogus and there`s no way this guy was even remotely involved except in his own dreams. But if you take a look at his "d" specifically, the "a" specifically, with the umbrella over it, I find ­­ look ­­ there you go. Thanks, Liz. Take a look at that. To find the umbrella over the "a" is not that ­­ you don`t often find that. And the "d" ­­ I don`t know if we have the "d," but the "d" is like an upside­down candy cane. It`s a very unusual marking LEHEW: That`s true.
GRACE: And what do you make of it?
LEHEW: Well, that`s part of what we look at to make the comparison to make the match on the handwriting. The lower case "l`s" are a little bit strange, to say the least. They`re not the typical lower case "l." And certainly, the "a" and the "d" are out of character from what we learned in school, typically. The "w" is a good match. And the lower case "t" has got a tail that comes off of the ­­ off into the right in both in the known and the questioned document.
GRACE: Don, when you make a handwriting comparison, how many similarities do you look for?
LEHEW: Well, in this case, as many as I could find. 

37 37 

38 38 
GRACE: How many similarities does it take before you will deem it a match?
LEHEW: I don`t have a specific number. It`s kind of like fingerprints. They don`t have a specific number, and neither do we. But I like to get at least 10 or better, and once I`ve got 10 or better, I`m pretty convinced. 

Handwriting experts point finger at Karr
'At least a dozen traits' link ransom note and yearbook, he says Lou Kilzer, Rocky Mountain News
Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A well­known national handwriting expert said Monday he is 99.9 percent certain John Mark Karr wrote the ransom note found near the scene of JonBenét Ramsey's murder.
"Most guys are riding the fence," said Curt Baggett, the Texas­based co­founder of the School of Forensic Document Examination. "But there are at least a dozen traits that match up perfectly, when comparing a (high school) yearbook signed by Karr and the ransom note."

Some of those traits are fairly common, while others are rare, he said. That there are so many similarities pushes the odds up into the seven digits.
To put it another way, Baggett said, the "chances are a million­to­ one" that someone other than Karr wrote the ransom note.

GRACE: OK, let me rephrase it. I`m a JD, not a DDS. When you say it`s a match, how many matches do you have? How many points of match do you have?
LEHEW: OK. You`ve actually asked two questions, Nancy. In this case, I had 13 letters that matched significantly. Typically, in a forgery, you are looking for differences, whereas in this case, I was looking for similarities. 
Biz, did you ask JMK if he wrote the Patricia letters?
(02-14-2017, 11:13 PM)Moop Wrote: Biz, did you ask JMK if he wrote the Patricia letters?

He was ready to admit it to Carol McKinley until I told him that Smit said the writer of the Patricia letters was the killer. Then he denied it.  I have no doubt he wrote the. A linguistic expert said so and I always said that even before the linguist because I   noticed some similarities in phrases. Even Jameson believes he wrote the Patricia letters but she doesn't consider him a suspect.
Wow, that's very interesting. I also noticed the similarities in his writings when reading the Patricia letters. And, Smit could certainly be right about this, too!