Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
quotes found in police reports
Unfortunately, Paula Woodward did not name the authors of these quotes, but she did cite the police reports that included them.    Maybe one day she will put names to the quotes.  But here, from her book...

BPD #5-433 - "Patsy was literally in shock.  Vomiting, hyperventilating."

BPD #1-640 - "Patsy cries all the time."

BPD #5-230 - "During the initial ransom demand time Patsy was hysterical, just absolutely hysterical."

BPD #5-404 - "She is hyperventilating, She is hallucinating.  She is screaming.  She wa hysterical. John was pacing around.  (Close family friends) were trying to keep Patsy from fainting. She was vomiting a little."

BPD #5-437 - "I thought Patsy was going to have a heart attack and die.  I thought she was going to kill herself."
Ann Bardach, in her early Vanity Fair article, wrote the Officer French said the Ramseys "had barely spoken to or looked at each other", that "he did not see them console each other. 

But in French's police report BPD #5-3844, from the transcript of a formal interview done in January, 1997, we find "John Ramsey does do some touching of Patsy at the scene."

And, in Paula Woodward's book we also have the victims' advocate on record.  "Patsy and John had been in the formal dining room together for some time holding each other or talking." "I didn't know they were in there alone together."  BPD #5-2630
Detective Linda Arndt wrote her report detailing the events of the morning of December 26th, 1996 THIRTEEN DAYS LATER! In it there were errors, like she said JonBenet had worn the red top to bed when we know that is not the truth. I do not think Linda was intentionally lying but confused. She should have written her report soon after leaving the Ramsey house, not almost two weeks later.

But be that as it may, she had some interesting comments in there on the behavior of Patsy Ramsey. In her report she says Patsy was "seemed to have a vacant look" and referred to her as "dazed". She wrote that "Patsy's thoughts were scattered and it was difficult to get her to stay focused on one thought." "Patsy would collapse in tears and repeatedly asked why she had not been able to hear her baby."

In the same report there are these comments about John:
She said she spoke to John "briefly" and that "he was able to carry on a conversation and articulate his words. John Ramsey had smiled, joked, and seemed to focus during the conversation."

When John was told about Linda Arndt's comment that he was smiling and joking that morning, he denied it, said he was "dazed and numb" and certainly not joking and laughing.

Others described John's behavior differently. See next post.

I say OK, he was a military man, a pilot, a businessman and all of those people are trained to control their emotions in all circumstances. But she also shows that John showed another side as well. She wrote, "John was sobbing and had difficulty talking. At times he was unable to speak."

In same report she reports John "seemed to isolate himself from others." At about 12:30 she saw him alone in the dining room.

Not sure if this is the report number but this is the number found at the top of the pages - - P96-21871
Again, I am sorry Paula Woodward did not put names to these quotes but they are taken from police reports, interviews of people who were at the house that morning.

BPD #5-324 - "John Ramsey was not only visibly distressed be was absolutely, just the pain that John was feeling was just palpable. I could feel it. This was John in a way I had never seen him before. He was absolutely at the end of his rope. He just put his head in his hands and cried and shook you know."

On the time after the body had been found, there is this: John wailed, pounded his legs, sank to his knees on the floor.... completely transported by grief."

It was also noted John was "holding the family bible".
Rereading Paula Woodward's book with a different eye - - you might want to see the book discussion to understand why.

I believe Paula mistook notes listing possibilities as record of truth - kind of like many took the Bonita papers as evidence.

Worse than that, I think she willfully ignored evidence that would show there IS good DNA evidence available - - specifically the GSLD99176817 profile - - and chose instead to publish a book supporting the more popular BORG theory by using only the reports linked to the questionable DNA evidence and the tests done on a nightgown she was not wearing at all the night she was killed.

I will take her quotes to be correct, report them and leave the rest for others to find and evaluate.