Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q&A
They had not only lost a daughter but were being crucified in the press as the killers! Press wouldn't let them breath, they were worried about Burke's safety and what would happen if they were arrested for something they didn't do. They were watching their fortune go to lawyers and investigators and private investigators while their income literally stopped. Patsy was concerned about the stress bringing back her cancer.

Oh yeah, they must have been guilty to consider suicide. (Hardly)
From an interview - Gaby Wood and Michael Tracey

JonBenet's death gripped America, Tracey suggests, because it had everything going for it: 'Sex, sleaze, the rich father, the American dream gone bad... It was a combination of voyeurism, resentment, anger, irrationality, a cultural viciousness. It was Greek - a lot of people focused on it as a kind of catharsis.'

Where is the catharsis, I ask, if the case is unsolved? 'It's in the hate. Hate the Ramseys, you feel better. This was pretty close to a conspiracy.'
I wrote on another forum (reddit):
Boulder is a puddle of buildings surrounded by nothing but national park land - plenty of places to dump a body. Traci Neef's killer dumped her unseen, JonBenét's killer could have done the same.
Yes, there is always a risk, but her killer wasn't shy about taking risks.

FuryoftheDragonPDI wrote,

Boulder is a puddle of buildings surrounded by nothing but national park land - plenty of places to dump a body. Traci Neef's killer dumped her unseen, JonBenét's killer could have done the same.
"Could have" is not the point.

Yes, there is always a risk, but her killer wasn't shy about taking risks.
Based on what?

And my final response

You wrote, "Could have" is not the point." and I laughed out loud. These forums are full of theories and possibilities. The Ramseys are being accused of this murder because they COULD HAVE left the child's body in the house with the ransom note, they COULD HAVE removed the remainder of the duck tape and cord, they COULD HAVE planted the foreign DNA. But I say they could have discarded of the body unseen as did the killer of Tracy Neef, and you say that isn't the point - that is funny!
I posted that the killer wasn't shy about taking risks and you ask,
"Based on what?" Again, I have to laugh. This guy was carrying a set of items that - if LE caught him it would have been described in court as his "set of tools related to his fantasies and crime". A stun gun, cord, tape... maybe a few other items. Someone may have known he owned such a collection and sometimes had it in his car or carried it with him. He entered a house and took one child while her parents were nearby, tortured, raped and killed her. He left his own handwriting behind, not worried about it being identified. I think that's three good examples of a risk taker.
"stoned luck aka luky9" was posting on a thread about John being concerned that it was taking so long for someone to find JOnBenet's body. Hir wrote,
'"Being found by? They were in house.they couldn't reach her.The door was non functioning."

My response:

Huh? The door was seen straight on when you reach the bottom of the stairs - - a full size door at the end of a hall. There was a block of wood at the top of the door, easily turned to prevent the door from swinging inward.

The door functioned when the housekeeper and her family took the Christmas trees out - and when the killer put the body in. It had to be functioning the next morning.

Seriously, some of the BORG train of thought is just... lacking any common sense.
Teresa Flournoy had these questions which I will respond to in CAPS.

Playing Devils Advocate!
1. Why weren't the Stines not called to come over the morning of the 26th?

THE FACT IS, THE STINES JUST WEREN'T AS CLOSE TO THE RAMSEYS AS THE WHITES AND FERNIES. THAT CHANGED IN THE COMING WEEKS.

2. Why did the Ramsey hustle Burke out of the house so early?

IT WASN'T SO EARLY, NOT LIKE HE WAS OUT OF THERE MINUTES AFTER THE POLICE ARRIVED. BUT LET ME ASK YOU THIS - - IF YOU WERE A PARENT OF A KIDNAPPED CHILD, WOULDN'T YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO FOCUS ALL YOUR ENERGY ON GETTING THAT CHILD BACK? THE KIDNAPPERS OBVIOUSLY TOOK WHAT THEY WANTED, WEREN'T INTERESTED IN THE 9 YEAR OLD. HE'D BE SAFE AND PROTECTED BOTH PHYSICALLY AND EMOTIONALLY IF HE WERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE WHITES' WHERE HE COULD BE OCCUPIED WITH FRIENDS RATHER THAN WITNESSING THE HORRIBLE EVENTS, THE HYSTERICAL FEAR OF ADULTS AND THE DISCUSSIONS NO CHILD SHOULD HEAR. would YOU REALLY INSIST HE BE WITNESS TO ALL THAT?

DON'T FORGET, THE POLICE AGREED HE SHOULD BE REMOVED AND WALKED HIM TO THE CAR. THEY ALSO QUESTIONED HIM WHILE HE WAS THERE, AWAY FROM HIS PARENTS.

3. Why would John Andrew Ramsey say when ask "What would you do to whoever committed this crime?"
John Andrew " Forgive them!"

JAR WAS RAISED TO BE A CHRISTIAN WHO GAVE FORGIVENESS BECAUSE THE BIBLE TOLD HIM TO. I AM SURE HE STRUGGLED WITH HIS EMOTIONS. I AM ALSO SURE HE LATER SAID HE DIDN'T ALWAYS FEEL THAT WAY AND SOMETIMES WANTED TO SEE THAT PERSON PUNISHED TO THE MAXIMUM DEGREE.

4. Why was the pocket knife laying close to the body?

THERE WAS A KNIFE FOUND IN THE BASEMENT, IT WAS NOT CLOSE TO THE BODY. RUMOR (BORG) HAS IT THAT THE KNIFE BELONGED TO BURKE BUT IN HIS 1998 INTERVIEW, BURKE MADE IT CLEAR ALL HIS KNIVES MADE THEIR WAY FROM BOULDER TO ATLANTA - - WHICH MEANS THE KNIFE IN THE BASEMENT MAY WELL HAVE BEEN CARRIED IN BY THE KILLER.

TRUTH IS, I BELIEVE TOTALLY THE TAPE AND CORD WERE CARRIED IN BY THE KILLER, KNOW THE PAINTBRUSH WAS NOT, BUT AM ABSOLUTELY UNSURE ABOUT THAT KNIFE. WHY? BECAUSE AS FAR AS I CAN TELL, NO ONE EVER ASKED JOHN IF IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN HIS. OR JOHN ANDREW'S. RED SWISS ARMY KNIVES ARE COMMON AND IF BURKE OWNED TWO, IS NOT NOT LOGICAL TO THINK OTHERS IN HIS FAMILY MAY HAVE OWNED ONE AS WELL?

SINCE THE KNIFE WAS NOT LINKED BY FIBER EVIDENCE AS FAR AS I KNOW, IT MAY NOT BE IMPORTANT AT ALL. WOULD BE INTERESTING TO SEE THT LAB REPORT.
Lay it on me!!
Teresa also asked: An intruder came thru the butler pantry door. Why would he come thru the basement window...when a door was unlocked?

MY RESPONSE IN CAPSTHERE WAS A BURGLAR ALARM IN THE HOUSE AND THE LIGHTS ON THE CONSULE MADE IT LOOK LIKE IT WAS ON AND FUNCTIONING. OPENING A DOOR, EVEN ONE UNLOCKED, MIGHT HAVE BEEN A RISK. BUT A BROKEN BASEMENT WINDOW MIGHT BE EXAMINED AND IT WAS CLEARLY NOT HOOKED UP TO ANYTHING - - FAR SAFER TO USE THE WINDOW TO GO IN OR GET OUT.

OR TO GO IN AND OUT. WHICH I REALLY DON'T KNOW ABOUT. WOULD THAT MARK HAVE BEEN LEFT GOING IN? OUT? BOTH - WHICH WOULD MEAN THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN TWO SKUFF MARKS, RIGHT?

SO I THINK HE MAY HAVE GONE IN THROUGH THE UPSTAIRS DOOR, THE BUTLER DOOR MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE BEEN LOCKED BUT PEOPLE WHO WERE IN THAT HOUSE AFTER THE MURDER SAID THAT LOCK WAS NOTHING TO OPEN, ANYONE COULD PICK THAT LOCK.

THE SOUNDS HEARD BY THE NEIGHBOR, LUTHER, MAKE ME THINK THE WINDOW WAS THE EXIT, LUTHER HEARD THE HEAVY METAL GRATE FALLING BACK INGO PLACE.
Burke admitted to going back downstairs after going to bed. He must have had the pineapple and tea then too.

I think if he were involved in any way, that's a door he would never open.
(03-08-2017, 02:29 AM)jameson245 Wrote: Q,  Did Patsy actually say she stepped over the ransom note? For stepping over something on a spiral staircase is quite difficult and might easily land you on the floor. Where exactly was the RN spread out? On more than one stair?

A. Yes, Patsy said she stepped over the step that had the ransom note on it, turned around and started reading the note, got to the part where it said they had her daughter, then she ran to check JonBenet's bed.  I have been in that house, walked down those stairs and stepped over a step with paper on it and assure you it was not difficult at all.     The note was all on one step, the pages side by side.

I just read this blog from 2005.

Detective Thomas attempted to recreate coming down the stairs and could not step over the stair where Patsy claimed she saw the note without losing his balance. Thomas asserted that it is much more likely she would have stepped on the note or that the note was never there at all. Thomas’ theory supported by Dr. Hodges conjecture, is that Patsy drafted the note herself to cover her murder. The “Patsy Two Step” seemed to be clear evidence to the detectives that Patty was lying and that the note was never where she said it was.

Again, common sense argues that there may be a simple reason why Patsy could step over the note while Detective Thomas could not. Patsy was 5’6” and probably barefoot and in her own home when she performed the maneuver she described, one she had performed many times before. She was also a graceful and lithe. Detective Thomas was 6’1”, in shoes, and in unfamiliar surroundings. His re-enactment would not necessarily prove anything except that he himself could not do the maneuver as Patsy described it. However, this new evidence fed into the assumption already made that Patsy was lying about her actions on the stairs and probably about everything else as well.

http://targetedoutrage.blogspot.com/2005/12/hard-hearts-and-hardened-positions.html