Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patsy on Christmas morning
Excerpts from National Enquirer book, "JonBenet, The Police Files" by Don Gentile and David Wright

1997 April 30 - Taped Interrogation interview of Patsy Ramsey by Steve Thomas and Tom Trujillo in Colorado

NE Book Page 41: 

Tom Trujillo: "Actually, let's start back on the morning of the 25th, um, let's kind of break it down into small hours. What time did you guys get up that morning?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Early"

Tom Trujillo: "Before sunrise?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Six-ish probably."

Tom Trujillo: "Okay. Patsy, take through, say, the first three hours of, of Christmas morning with you and John and Burke and JonBenet. Kind of, kind of in a by minute, step-by-step of what you guys did for the first couple or three hours."

Patsy Ramsey: "Well, we went down the stairs and passed out Christmas presents."

Tom Trujillo: "About how long did it take you to pass out Christmas presents? I know you talked about you kind of did it slowly.."

Patsy Ramsey: "Yeah."

Tom Trujillo: "About how long did that take?"

Patsy Ramsey: "I don't know. Hour, maybe... I mean to pass them out and opening them. I try to get everybody to take turns, you know. Of course, their piles are bigger than my pile so... they open two or three and then I open one..."

Tom Trujillo: "What did you guys do after you open the presents up?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Uh, I think we made pancakes."

Tom Trujillo: "Okay. Had some breakfast? Um, about how long did it take to eat breakfast?"

Patsy Ramsey: "I don't know, a half hour."

Tom Trujillo: "After, after breakfast how did the family split? What did you guys do?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Oh, the kids were just playing with their stuff, you know, and I was, I don't remember exactly... I was, you know, trying to get clothes ready to go two different places. I remember that.. And then a bunch of kids started showing up to, you know, they want to see what each other got and, you know. Burke set up his Nintendo, Nintendo 64 and..."

Tom Trujillo: "During the early morning hours, the morning hours before the kids got there, did everybody go and get dressed, I take it?"

Patsy Ramsey: "At some point in the day, yeah."

Tom Trujillo: "During the day, about what time did, uh, John go down to the hanger and check on the plane?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Oh, I don't know. I don't know, lunchtime, after lunch, I, I don't remember."

Tom Trujillo: "Okay, did you have lunch that day?"

Patsy Ramsey: "I'm sure we did."

Tom Trujillo: "Okay. Do you have any idea about, what did you have for lunch?
Patsy Ramsey: "I don't remember."

Tom Trujillo: "About how long was John gone when he went out to check on the plane?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Oh, probably a couple of hours."

Tom Trujillo: "So he left about noon, afternoon sometime. Gone till two, 3:00 in the afteroon?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Um, yeah."

Tom Trujillo: "Okay. And were... kids over to the house that whole time playing with John, excuse me, JonBenet and Burke?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Uh, a better part of that day, I would say."

Tom Trujillo: "Okay. Did, uh, did Burke and JonBenet play together during that time? Did the little girls and little boys mix up at all?"

Tom Trujillo: "Play together."

Patsy Ramsey: "Yeah, they were all, yeah, a lot of them were in Burke's room playing that Nintenedo and she was, I remember coming up there and checking on them and they were, the boys were mostly sitting around playing the Nintendo and she was, had this little jewelry making kit right there in the, in the doorway of Burke's room... so I made a couple with her."

Excerpts from National Enquirer book, "JonBenet, The Police Files" by Don Gentile and David Wright

04/30/97 - Taped Interrogation interview of Patsy Ramsey by Steve Thomas and Tom Trujillo in Colorado

NE Book Page 47:

Tom Trujillo: "Okay. Got home about 8:30, 9:00. What's the first thing you guys do when you got home that night? Actually, let me step back. Befofe you got home, you went over to.."

Patsy Ramsey: "Walkers and dropped off a little gift... and Stines and dropped off a little gift and drove home and JonBenet was asleep. She had fallen asleep in the car."

Tom Trujillo: "Did you have to wake her up to get her inside or..?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Well, she was just really zonked and John carried her up to her room... and, I, uh, you know, ran up behind him and, or in front of him, I can't remember. Maybe, or it might have been in front of him to turn the bed down. And he laid her down and I got her undressed and put her, I left her shirt on her and, uh, went to the bathroom and tried to find some pajama pants and all I could find was some, like long underwear pants... and put those on."

Tom Trujillo: "What color of top did she wear to bed that night. What color top was she wearing actually to the Whites' house like?

Patsy Ramsey: "Well, she wore this little outfit that I had gotten her at the Gap. We had a little, little riff over that 'cause I wanted her to wear, I was wearing a red sweater and I wanted her to wear this red sweater with her black velvet pants, 'cause I was wearing black velvet pants and it was Christmas and all that. And she didn't want to wear the red shirt just because I was wearing it. She wanted to wear the shirt that went with the outfit which was a Gap out fit that I had bought her when we went shopping for her and it was a little white, kind of neck like this.."

Tom Trujillo: "Kind of a crew neck?"

Patsy Ramsey: "...Crew neck and it had a little, little rhinestone, little kind of sequin kind of star thing on it."

Tom Trujillo: "Okay."

Patsy Ramsey: "So I just left that on her."

Tom Trujillo: "Okay. And I'm sorry. What kind of pants, what color of pants...?"

Patsy Ramsey: "They were black velvet. Black velvet jeans, kind of like, from the Gap. Some little black velvet vest."

Tom Trujillo: "And what were you wearing Patsy, a, a red turtleneck and black...?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Velvet jeans, yeah."

Tom Trujillo: "Okay."

Patsy Ramsey: "Velvet pants. And I have a Christmas sweater I was wearing."

Tom Trujillo: "And what color was that?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Red with all kinds of..."

Tom Trujillo: "And that was over the turtleneck?"

Tom Trujillo: "..When you say you wore black velvet jeans, were those like a, a, were they a jean material..?"

Patsy Ramsey: "No, they're, no, no, no. They're black velvet."

1997 April 30 - Taped Interrogation interview of Patsy Ramsey by Steve Thomas and Tom Trujillo in Colorado

NE Book Page 49:

Tom Trujillo: "Was she awake at all when you were over at the Stines' house?

Patsy Ramsey: "Uh, well, I just went to the door. We didn't all go in. I just went to the door... and gave them a basket of something... for a Christmas present or something. We were going, I remember, cause I had a big basket in the car to take to the Fernie, but since JonBenet had fallen asleep and it was getting kind of late.. I think we just decided not to go to the Fernies."
A&E Documentary
'Who Killed JonBenet’
By Michael Tracy and David Mills

Man: "On their way home around 9 PM, they dropped off gifts. Susan Stein and her husband were the last people known to have seen the family before the murder."

Susan Stein: "They came to our house and I talked to Patsy for awhile maybe 10 or 15 minutes and they all seemed perfectly normal. They were all the same - bubbly about Christmas and about where they were going and we, my husband and I, waved good-bye to them as they were leaving and that was the last time we saw them as an intact family."

07-09-1998

04/30/97 - Taped Interrogation interview of Patsy Ramsey by Steve Thomas and Tom Trujillo in Colorado

NE Book Page 54:

Steve Thomas: "Okay, Um, it was how long after you put JonBenet to bed, did you then retire into bed for the evening?"

Patsy Ramsey: "I don't know exactly. Maybe half hour I think, I don't, I can't remember exactly."

Steve Thomas: "And it was shortly after you went to bed that John then came to bed?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Right."

Steve Thomas: "And during that half hour, 45 minutes, after you put JonBenet to bed, and that you were still up, uh, arranging presents, brushing your teeth, you don't know, uh, whether or not John went back into JonBenet's bedroom?

Patsy Ramsey: "Um, no."

Steve Thomas: "Would it have been unlikely for him to have gone back in and awakened her for any reason?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Oh, yeah. It would have been unlikely."

Steve Thomas: "Okay. Can you give me, to the best of your memory, if you got home at nine-ish, was it shortly after coming home at nine-ish that you put JonBenet into bed... or John carried her up and put her to bed?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Yeah, it was, I mean, he carried her from the car to her bed."

Steve Thomas: "So, were you in bed then, and I don't want to put words in your mouth, by ten or 10:30 or what time, if you can reconstruct that, did you then go to bed?"

Patsy Ramsey: "I was probably, probably in bed by then. Ten or 10:30 ... I can't remember exactly."

Steve Thomas: "...John came to bed shortly thereafter, do you recall if that was 15 minutes or a half an hour?"

Patsy Ramsey: "It was probably just a few minutes."

Steve Thomas: "Okay. You were still awake?"

Patsy Ramsey: "I was, yeah, I could, was aware of him, you know, getting in bed, but ..."

Steve Thomas: "Are you a sound sleeper?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Fairly."

Steve Thomas: "Is John a fairly heavy sleeper?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Yes, I would say, he snores ..."

Steve Thomas: "When John gets up during the night on occasion ... to use the bathroom, for example, does that awaken you? Are you aware of when John leaves the bed?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Uh huh, usually..
June 25th 26th 27th 1998 - Taped Interrogation interview of Patsy Ramsey by Tom Haney and Trip DeMuth in Colorado

National Enquirer Book Page 241:

Trip DeMuth: "And the kids were playing with their toys and what have you, right, and lunch?"

Patsy Ramsey: "I don't remember lunch."

Trip DeMuth: "I think you said earlier that you may not have had lunch because there was an.."

Patsy Ramsey: "I had breakfast."

Trip DeMuth: "How late was that breakfast?"

Patsy Ramsey: "I don't remember exactly, but probably 10:00, 11:00."

Trip DeMuth: "That is what you mean by a late breakfast, okay. How about, you go to the Whites what time, approximately?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Right after, like 4:00, 5:00-ish, so we could have very easily skipped lunch."

Trip DeMuth: "Think about that period of time between late breakfast and leaving for the Whites, did you serve them anything during that period of time?"

Patsy Ramsey: "I can't remember. I don't know."