SCOTT GIBBONS, 765 15TH ST
AINSLEY NUHN, 774 15TH ST
KATI SNARE, 774 15TH ST

CORNWELL, C H 777 15TH ST
VANN, PATRICK R 789 15TH ST
VANN, PATRICK 789 15TH ST
VANN, PATRICK R 789 15TH ST
From interview with Detectives Tom Trujillo and Steve Thomas

TT: Okay. Patsy, are there any concerns in the neighborhood up there or have there been any concerns in the neighborhood up there (sound of flipping pages drowns out Tom’s voice.) . . .door to door salesman. Any of your neighbors talk about prowlers anything like that over the last six months?
PR: Uh no. Not that I recall. I mean we did have door to door sales people occasionally.
TT: Um hum. Magazine sales, the typical sales people come (inaudible) come through.
PR: Yeah, sometimes children, you know, like a, um, black children. I mean, they don’t look like they’re from my neighborhood or nothing, or look, you know like they’re from Denver and they have candy bars of (inaudible). . .
TT: Typical kind of door to door sales.
PR: Um hum and um, you know that’s the only thing I can recall.
TT: Okay. How close are you to your neighbors? I know the Whites and Fernies, they live away, but to the immediate neighborhood, the street you live on. How close are you to the neighbors?
PR: You mean close in distance or . . .
TT: Not too much specifically, do you know your neighbors?
PR: Do I know them very well. Well the Barnhills across the street . . .
TT: Um hum.
PR: . . .I know very well.
TT: Okay.
PR: Scott and Pricilla next door, I know fairly well.
TT: They live to the south of you.
PR: Well uh . . .
TT: is that towards Baseline?
PR: No the other way.
PR: Towards Cascade.
PR: Right.
TT: Alright. You and the neighbors on the block that you know or you talk to, socialize with at all?
PR: Not really very much, well Mary and Pat Van live down two doors . . .
PR: . . .on the corner of Cascade and 15th. . .
TT: Same side of the street?
PR: Uh huh. But we didn’t, you know, I didn’t see them very often, but just to wave and . . .
TT: How often do you talk to the Barnhills or have you talked to the Barnhills in the past?
PR: Uh, I kind of keep, you know their elderly . . .
PR: . . .and I would kind of, you know every two or three days probably . . .
TT: Kind of keep in touch with them:
PR: Uh huh. They, they kept our dog a lot . . .
PR: . . .when we went out of town or whatever. Joe was, last year about this time, around Easter time, he was quite ill with some respiratory stuff and I was taking groceries and dinners and . . .
TT: Kind of taking care them.
PR: Yeah. Kind of keeping my eye on him.
TT: Okay. In talking to them had they noticed any weird people around the neighborhood, anything like that in the last six months?
PR: No.
TT: Anybody that shouldn’t be? I know it’s, Boulder is real transient, I understand that . . .
PR: Um hum.
TT: . . .but, um, have you guys ever talked about any problems in the neighborhood, um, car break ins, anything like that?
PR: No, not that I can remem. . . (coughing) I think once the neighbors across the alley . . .
PR: Uh, they drive a black SAAB and I think a year or more ago they had had a, they were parking on 14th Street and they had a car break in and uh, consequently they build a, I think they build a deck on their house so that they could pull in under, you know, behind their house.
TT: So they could park in the back?
PR: Right.
TT: Do you need a glass of water?
PR: (Clears throat) This is, this is just right.
TT: (Inaudible) Okay.
PR: So.
TT: (Inaudible) And when we talk to you, everybody knows Patsy Ramsey pretty well, um, tell me about some of the enemies that you or your family might. Someone that we may need to look at. Can you think of any names that come up as far as people that don’t like you. Don’t like Patsy. Who don’t like the family at all.
PR: You know. If that’s the case, I’m not aware of it.
TT: Okay. Nobody’s talked about the problems that they’ve had with you?
PR: No.

views of the Ramsey house from the Brumfit house.
jameson photo - December, 1998
To the left is the family room.   In the middle are the dining room windows with a view into the kitchen.  The sitting room is to the extreme right - as you can see, there is plenty of cover - lots of reason to think the neighbors couldn't see too clearly what was happening in the house.