Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd quotes
“Fleet White came in to talk to me and Beckner,” Koby told Hunter. “White wants you off the case. He says you leaked stuff to one of the tabloids after you met with him last year.” Hunter remained silent. “He’s on the warpath, and he’s threatening to see the attorney general.” Koby said that White refused to cooperate with the police as long as Hunter was still on the case. In one conversation with detectives, White had even teased the officers: “What would you say if I told you the Ramseys owned Hi-Tec shoes?”

Perfect Murder, Perfect Town, Lawrence Schiller, page 593

My comment - Imagine being John and Patsy Ramsey  and being told Fleet White would not speak to you, had ignored your letters to them, but were chummy with BORG police like Steve Thomas - - and now he was wanting to have the DA (who was honestly on the fence, not choosing sides) to be removed!

And imagine being the parents who knew their 9 year old never owned a set of those boots - - being told the "friend" was "teasing" with such possibilities?

This reminds me of .... well, let's just say I can imagine Thomas telling the Whites they really, honestly, PROMISE they had evidence the ramseys did it but the stubborn killers just were refusing to be browbeaten in an interrogation and... oh, it might help if they know you are going to tell the truth - - even if it isn't - - if they think you accept they did it - - they might confess.  Just help us out.  Can you say you know they owned Hi-Tec boots?

In Fleet White's deposition, he did NOT say the Ramseys owned Hi-Tec boots.  Wish that was all public, it is not.  But he never said that as a fact, far from it.  So I think this "tease", if true, was said out of frustration.  He believed Thomas had evidence, he was not trying to lie but couldn't quite tell the truth, either.