Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Tests
I have a huge file now on DNA and want to let you know how some of the earliest tests came back.

The first DNA samples included the Ramsey family (John, Patsy, John Andrew, Melinda, Burke and Uncle Jeff) as well as Priscilla White, John Fernie, Linda Hoffmann and Mervin Pugh.  I have two forms on those samples - - a paper where it lists what was submitted to the lab and then a second paper, the report that said all those people were NOT the source of the DNA found mixed with the blood in JonBenet's panties. 

The police knew there was unidentified DNA left there just days after the murder but continued to push the parents as the #1 suspects.  Shameful, if you ask me.

But, as BORG would point out, there was (in the report) a note that these people could only be cleared if the DNA found was from a single source - - which we now know it was.  (Later advancements brought about more detailed results in the lab and now we have a profile for that DNA which could positively identify the source of the male DNA found mixed with the victim's blood in her panties.)

OK, so today I felt a need to share this paper with you - the result of tests done on samples submitted to the lab on 1/15/1997.  I do not know for sure the dates the samples were taken but this is when they were submitted to the lab.  These blood samples from possible suspects were compared to what we now know as GSLDPD99178617.

Sorry  but I have a problem shrinking larger pages to fit so I folded papers so you can see the date, the list of people tested and the end result declaring they did NOT match the DNA found in this case.
(07-19-2017, 03:40 PM)jameson245 Wrote: Sorry  but I have a problem shrinking larger pages to fit so I folded papers so you can see the date, the list of people tested and the end result declaring they did NOT match the DNA found in this case.

Please jameson, could you post the entire page or pages of this January 30 report. Thanks.
I am traveling right now but will do that when I get home. If I can't shrink the page to post here, I will email it to you using the email you used when registering. I will be home in less than a week so expect it.
GSLDPD99178617
Please jameson, could you post the entire page or pages of this CBI January 30 DNA report. Thanks. This is the one with results for
JOE BARNHILL JR
JAY ELOWSKI
BARBARA FERNIE
GLEN STINE
FLEET WHITE
JOE BARNHILL SR
(07-19-2017, 03:40 PM)jameson245 Wrote: Sorry  but I have a problem shrinking larger pages to fit so I folded papers so you can see the date, the list of people tested and the end result declaring they did NOT match the DNA found in this case.

Without being able to see the whole sentence what you have posted here is meaningless 

"------------TAINED MIXTURES WERE CONTRIBUTED BY A SINGLE INDIVIDUAL THEN JBJNR, BF, GS, FW, AND JBSR WOULD BE EXCLUDED AS A SOURCE OF DNA ANALYSED ON THOSE EXHIBITS"

What is the point of posting this if you aren't going to post the whole sentence? Or preferably the whole page?
I found that report but can't make a copy and send from here. But I can complete the sentence for you. After the list of exhibits and the names, there is a very small chart listing 7 Loci and the letter/number findings. Then it says

BASED ON THESE RESULTS, THE DNA PROFILE DEVELOPED FROM EXHIBIT #14E MATCHED THE DNA PROFILE FROM JONBENET RAMSEY.

IF THE MINOR COMPONENTS DEVELOPED PREVIOUSLY FROM THE EXHIBITS THAT CONTAINED MIXTURES WERE CONTRIBUTED FROM A SINGLE INDIVIDUAL, THEN JOE BARNHILL, JR, JAY ELOWSKY, BARBARA FERNIE, GLEN STINE, FLEET WHITE, AND JOE BARNHILL, SR., WOULD BE EXCLUDED AS A SOURCE OF DNA ANALYZED ON THOSE EXHIBITS.
(09-23-2018, 07:59 PM)jameson245 Wrote: I found that report but can't make a copy and send from here.  But I can complete the sentence for you.  After the list of exhibits and the names, there is a very small chart  listing 7 Loci and the letter/number findings.  Then it says

BASED ON THESE RESULTS, THE DNA PROFILE DEVELOPED FROM EXHIBIT #14E MATCHED THE DNA PROFILE FROM JONBENET RAMSEY.

IF THE MINOR COMPONENTS DEVELOPED PREVIOUSLY FROM THE EXHIBITS THAT CONTAINED MIXTURES WERE CONTRIBUTED FROM A SINGLE INDIVIDUAL, THEN JOE BARNHILL, JR, JAY ELOWSKY, BARBARA FERNIE, GLEN STINE, FLEET WHITE, AND JOE BARNHILL, SR., WOULD BE EXCLUDED AS A SOURCE OF DNA ANALYZED ON THOSE EXHIBITS.
Thanks so  much for that jameson. That makes a lot more sense than half a sentence

I'd still LOVE to see the rest of the report though, this bit - "the list of exhibits and the names, there is a very small chart  listing 7 Loci and the letter/number findings."
The earliest tests I can locate have very few loci - - still, it appears that a certain locus that was a clear set of two numbers could be used to eliminate someone if their locus was not the same. One locus could eliminate, perhaps, but no match for the DNA could take place using just that one locus.

In the earlier test, the first, I can see a couple men who DID match that locus - - but later tests with a wider assortment of loci cleared those men.

Now that there is a full profile available - - if our man is a match, I see no way he might not be prosecuted.