Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resignation from the case -
John worked for the El Paso Sheriff's Office when the murder took place and was asked to assist Boulder in the Ramsey case.  He worked closely with Lou Smit and Ollie Gray even after he resigned officially from the Ramsey investigation.  Unpaid, on his own time - as did both Lou and Ollie.

I thought some might be interested in seeing his official resignation from the case.  (Understand, this man got to see all the evidence as he was putting together the multimedia presentation - and he knew there was clear and convincing evidence of an intruder.

His letter 

WITHDRAWAL FROM JONBENET RAMSEY CASE

As of September 22, 1998, I will no longer be assisting the Boulder District Attorney's Office on the JonBenet Ramsey murder investigation.  In June, 1998, the El Paso County Sheriff's Office was asked to assist the Boulder District Attorney's Office by Chief Deputy DA Peter Hofstrom in helping them present a case using multimedia technology.  Since the removal of Chief Deputy District Attorney Peter Hofstrom and Deputy District Attorney Trip Demuth it became apparent that District Attorney Alex Hunter no longer needed my assistance.  Therefore I will no longer be providing assistance to the Boulder District Attorney's Office.  The following is a rough timeline of dates in which I was involved in the JonBenet Ramsey case.  It should be noted that the locks to my office were changed and I was the only person who had access.  Due to the sensitivity of the case, per Commander Kastner's request, no information was disseminated to anyone from the El Paso County Sheriff's Office.

(The details of the timeline are possibly sensitive and I will not share them here and now.)