Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
photographers
TT: OK. I know JonBenet has quite a few photographs, some of them the professionally done ones. Do you have anybody that did most of her portraits?
PR: Well, just two fellows. One was this David Haskel in Denver. And I met him because I had been asked to go have a photograph made by him for the Colorado Women’s (inaudible) newspaper that, Debbie, Debra and Rosenberger is the editor, here in Boulder. So she took me down there one day, and I had my picture made and so then, you know, I like him and everybody down there. And actually the makeup artist down there was who told me that her little girls had done pageants. I said well, you know, where do you know about these, and she called and gave me names that day.
TT: So David was the photographer before the pageants got started before the pageant circuits started up?
PR: Right. He was taking pictures of me for the Colorado Women’s News or whatever the name of it.
TT: OK. About how many photographs did David do, about? Did he photograph at all?
PR: Yeah, then I went down, I know at least twice, and had pictures made of her.
TT: And those were glamour shot ones. Were they, what kind of portraits were they?
PR: Well, they, he did. I mean, we took, he said bring a bunch of different clothes. So we bought costumes, blue jeans, ah
TT: He did a whole portfolio.
PR: A bunch of stuff, yeah. And then he really had done most of them, but they all kind of looked alike, you know, the ones that he would do. So, I got the name of this other fellow, Randy Simon, who did this pageant pictures frequently. And so I called him at the last minute before we went to Michigan last year, and he had some time available. So, we went out a day with him, and he did a whole bunch of them too. He did some in the studio and then did some, we went to different places around.
TT: OK. Were these still the glamour shot type stuff, or are they portrait studio type?
PR: Well, I don’t know what you mean by glamour shot, I mean, they call them character shots, like one was Little Red Ridinghood and one was in a little sun dress, and one was bare foot, you know those fun things. And then there was some in the studios like a model, those kinds of things.
TT: Any professional photographs of Burke done?
PR: No. I mean, we had family pictures taken, but he, but these were just for the pageant things because they would have, they had categories that you entered. For photogenic or whatever. So those were specifically taken for those.
TT: Who was the family photographer? Did the family photograph do JonBenet and Burke?
PR: We went for a while to a fellow named Willis. I can’t remember his last name, but he as at Better in Light Photography. And he’d usually take a Christmas picture. And then I started going to Moto Photo there in, down in Deckens (inaudible).
TT: OK.
PR: They did a Christmas one and Easter one, had a little Easter bunny (inaudible).
TT: OK. Any, did you get one, was there one photographer, Joe Moto, or was it just
PR: I think there was a woman, a tall woman. I think there was, those were (inaudible) pin-ups, kind of like all males or something that was there.