Marcel Eflers
JonBenet Ramsey and a Foreign Faction
 LIKE THIS BLOG
[Image: large-587282.jpg]
By Marcel Elfers
Posted Aug 24, 2012 in Crime
Comments

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]
JonBenét Ramsey died on December 25th, 1996. A two and a half page ransom note was found and Patsy Ramsey called 911 at 5:52 am. You can listen to the call here. Patsy prioritized "address", “a note” and “a kidnapping” above her daughter being "gone". She never demanded nor asked for assistance but replied "please" on the suggestion help was on the way. That is not just odd, it reveals a perspective of the caller. The 911 call is considered deceptive.

For a long time the intruder theory believers have been citing DNA evidence in the case. Unidentified male “touch DNA” had been found on her clothing. The District Attorney’s office explains what touch DNA is in the exoneration letter of 2008. You scrape clothing and find some cells that you further develop into a DNA profile and since it is unidentified, it must have been an intruder.

[Image: JBR_Kolar_book.jpg]
[/color]

James Kolar wrote a respectable account in his book “Foreign Faction.” Kolar was assigned lead detective to the Ramsey case in 2005. He had access to all investigative files and explains the touch DNA.

For DA Mary Lacy to exonerate the Ramseys was the right thing to do as the Ramseys suffered long enough. From an investigative perspective, the DNA evidence does not hold up to minimal scrutiny.

Touch DNA is DNA left behind when you touch something. According to Kolar, the FBI sampled off the shelf and packaged clothing for DNA and found DNA on never worn clothing as well. Apparently, handling of clothing leaves DNA behind and is not necessarily from someone who was in contact with JonBenét.

[Image: jbr_dna_ml_070908.jpg]
excerpt exoneration letter Mary Lacey July 9, 2008

According to Kolar, DNA from another four males and one female was also found. There is no mention of other DNA found in her letter and there sure is an innocent explanation for the DNA to be present.

The key evidence for exoneration is this touch DNA, yet, if it is assumed to be from one intruder who was in contact with JonBenét, then another five intruders must have been in contact with her as well. It is impossible to explain why one intruder, let alone a group of intruders, can be in the house, go unnoticed and leave no evidence of their presence behind other than some touch DNA.

It appears the DA office and John Ramsey both know this very well.

[Image: jbr_dna_ml_070908_2.jpg]
excerpt exoneration letter Mary Lacey July 9, 2008

Mary Lacy writes it will take more than DNA to solve what happened that night. Her word selection “your family was not responsible” is curious as this does not exclude involvement. When I am rear ended and my car slides forward breaking the leg of a pedestrian, I am involved, but not responsible. Is the DA office maybe aware that an accident happened that night?

John Ramsey is aware of that detail as well. In his 2008 interview with Oprah Winfrey, he answered the question “what do you think about the exoneration?” with “it is going in the right direction.” With this answer he explains to the world he knows it is not over.

I am writing a book titled “The principle of lying is telling the truth, just not the whole truth.” In this book the reader is taken on a forensic journey through handwriting and textual analysis.

The ransom note was signed as follows:

In my case study I will present a plausible theory an accident happened that night and reveal that S.B.T.C [sic] is the logical conclusion of the ransom note.

Kolar wrote a book worth reading. May Patsy rest in peace and may John find happiness in his new marriage.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/blog/18127#ixzz6lYVfyjI6
In December of 2020, Eflers wrote a book, JonBenét; The Final Chapter. I have ordereed the book and will review later but so far here are the comments I found on Amazon.

Top reviews from the United States
Kindle Customer
5.0 out of 5 stars Every page is packed with insight; worth reading more than once.
Reviewed in the United States on December 22, 2020
Verified Purchase
Brilliant author. Gets immediately to the most important evidence and examines it from several angles: personality theory, linguistic analysis and handwriting analysis. The author’s opening note in the book was especially insightful. You must read this if you have closely followed the case and understand that the ransom note immediately eliminates the possibility of an intruder. Check out the author’s youtube channel. He is refreshingly intelligent with so much experience and actual informative content rather than fluff. If you want to read about this case on an advanced level, you will enjoy this book.
9 people found this helpful
Helpful
Report abuse
Lisa
5.0 out of 5 stars An original and intelligent approach to the Ramsey case
Reviewed in the United States on December 30, 2020
Verified Purchase
It isn’t often that you come across a new angle in an old mystery but this book provided that for me. While we are still in the world of probabilities and not certainties, I appreciated this fresh and intelligent analysis, especially the dissection of that strange ransom note. This is no silver bullet for the Ramsey case, and I wouldn’t trust a book that claimed to provide one, but the case presented here is well-reasoned and pulls together apparently contradictory evidence in a way that made sense to me. I recommend it to anyone interested in this case.
6 people found this helpful
Helpful
Report abuse
Lynn W
5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing theory, carefully thought out
Reviewed in the United States on January 5, 2021
Verified Purchase
I received the book on Sunday, started reading on Monday and finished on Tuesday. That is unusual for me, so you know it was engaging. If you have an interest in the Ramsey case, or are curious about statement analysis, I highly recommend the book. In fact, the author changed my mind about the identify of the perpetrator.
4 people found this helpful
Helpful
Report abuse
saiesha monique moon
4.0 out of 5 stars Detailed and worth the read
Reviewed in the United States on January 15, 2021
Verified Purchase
We have all wondered what actually happened here. This explanation and interpretation of the facts is compelling and I am inclined to agree.
3 people found this helpful
Helpful
Report abuse
Michael & Kit Brower
5.0 out of 5 stars You will never read a note the same way again.
Reviewed in the United States on January 11, 2021
Verified Purchase
A fascinating read on the clues left behind, unknowingly. A must read for all true crime sleuths that will never let you read a note the same way ever again. Highly recommend!
Helpful
Report abuse
laura beth fairbanks
4.0 out of 5 stars It’s a case that continues to haunt us to this day
Reviewed in the United States on January 1, 2021
This book is crammed with facts, leading to a logical theory. However, it can get annoying at times with the repetition stating over and over that Patsy wrote the ransom letter. Everyone already knows this because it was established by experts back in the 90’s. What I found interesting in this book were the points of coercion and pleading directed personally at John. I never recognized that before. Nor had anyone pointed out the balance of power going on to keep each other in check. I disagree that one of the adults looked up ‘incest’ in the dictionary. Adults know what that means, and John has used the word pedophile enough times. Had to have been Burke who overheard the word and looked it up, probably after the 911 call when they redirected him to go back to bed. The final SBTC is still ambiguous, which is the main reason I wanted to read this book for the author’s opinion. It is still anyone’s guess (Saved By The Cross / Survivor Beats The Cancer / Survivors Battle Their Circumstances...etc.)
In summary, it was a good read and provides a lot of information to ponder. His theory is as plausible as any and I recommend the book.
I’d be interested in the author’s theory of the Madelein McCann case, which was also blamed on kidnapping...
Helpful
Report abuse
Mari Taylor
5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Read
Reviewed in the United States on January 6, 2021
This book is so in depth and well written. Once you read it, you won’t need to watch or read anything else on the case. I was honored to be one of the proofreaders for the author. In addition to enjoying this book, I also learned to look at the whole picture and see things from different perspectives. This book speaks the truth, and we finally know the answer to who killed JonBenét!
Helpful
Report abuse
Karen L Doherty
5.0 out of 5 stars Case solved
Reviewed in the United States on January 3, 2021
You are who you are. This book is a must read for clearly revealing the author of the ransom note and what likely happened to JonBenet.