Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House is a Maze No Intruder Could Navigate
MYTH: The layout of the house is a maze, and no intruder could have navigated it without being totally familiar with the house. This myth I believe was first leaked by the BPD very early on, and has persisted in the minds of a lot of RDI. Even many IDI aren't sure how to counter the argument, because the layout of the house really is very complex and it isn't easy to visualize the actual path that an intruder needed to travel.

However, the parts of the house any intruder would have had to navigate to be responsible for every aspect of this crime are actually very small (i once roughly calculated it as about 20% of the house, but it was a crude estimation and I don't recall how I did it.)

To illustrate just how little of the entire house an intruder would have needed to navigate, here is an exploded floorplan of the house,* with very hastily drawn in paths of entrance and exit to cover four different possible points of entry (GREEN), then getting from JonBenét's bedroom down the the basement and the storage room where her body was found (YELLOW), and finally possible exit paths back the way he had entered, or out one of the other possible points of entry (RED). The flashlight, the markers and the notepad are all right along this path

This was done very hastily and so iis very crude looking, but I wanted to get this up here for people to react to. Does it surprise you? Does it help make the point? Is it worth spending the time to do more neatly and carefully? (& using another floorplan image if copyright is a concern) Suggestions?

*I believe I saw this original image (without paths) has been posted on one of the major forums, maybe FFJ, but I can't find any original source at the moment, and I can't find any copyright notice to help find the source.  If someone knows the original source (maybe one of the news outlets?), I can add a credit. If the moderator feels it clearly violates any copyright, do what you must. This is used in good faith for what I believe is a fair use. 
[Image: ramsey_floorplan1.jpg]
Save
Save