Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
from CBI report January 2009
The DNA profile developed from item 166-1, (the wrist ligature) revealed the presence of a mixture.  The following individuals are excluded as contributors of this profile:
John Andrew Ramsey
Melinda Ramsey
John Bennett Ramsey
Patsy Ramsey
Burke Ramsey

Others are listed, including Linda Hoffman-Pugh  (not Mervin, I have no evidence his DNA was taken or processed by studying these reports.)
Its unbelievable Merv's DNA was possibly never processed!!
I don't see his name in these papers - - if I missed it, let me know.
From the official files on DNA:

Ligature from wrists: olefin, similar to that used in garrote
both ends of the wrist ligature were frayed (as opposed to heat cut or melted so it would not unravel).
Both loops were loose on her wrists - John easly slipped the loop oner her left wrist and the right was loosely tied over her sweater sleeve.
Distance between two loops was about 15 1/2 inches.

Different knots on wrists:
the right wrist was a larks head knot also known as a cow hitch, capsized reef knot or square knot.
the left wrist was a Z noose that allowed the killer to draw the hands together.

NO DNA was developed from the wrist cords.

NOTE - THIS WAS AN EARLIER REPORT - LATER THEY did FIND dna ON BOTH THE NECK AND WRIST CORDS.

Maybe someone will recognize the knots
The DNA profile developed from item 166-1 revealed the presence of a mixture. The following Individuals are excluded as contributors to this profile: J. A. Ramsey, M. Ramsey, J. B. Ramsey, P. Ramsey, B. Ramsey (items 32-36), L. Hoffman-Pugh (item 48), L. Budman (item 390M), O. Barber (item 509), M. Falcon (item 512), G.
Hoogstraton (item 548), F. White, Jr. (item 587), M. Archuleta (item 618), R. Ferbrache (item 643), P. Wolf (item 644), M. Reynolds (item 646), J. Stanton (item 647), J. Pickering (item 653-1), B. Perry (item 654-1), L. Demuth, Ill
(item 655-1), Van Tassel (item 657-1); as well as, donors of the profiles developed from underwear (item 7) by Denver PD, gum (item 641), pillowcase (item 645), tissue sample (item 656C-1), toothpick (item 658-1), the major component developed from the seed (item 659-1). JonBenet Ramsey (item 14) cannot be excluded as a potential contributor to this mixture.

THIS IS THE WRIST CORD