Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
from documentaries and interviews
To save a little time, I'm just cutting and pasting a post I made in another forum, in response to someone who said they remembered reading somewhere (on some other forum) that there had once been an open case with social services on the Ramseys about possible child abuse. He couldn't remember any details, and thought he recalled that it had been closed. I replied:

"Any history of abuse or even suspicion of abuse would have been all over the tabloids and we'd all know about it, I'm pretty sure.

Is it possible you are referring to the mandatory case that was opened in January 1997, required by Colorado law any time there is the death of a child at home? This is what led to the videotaped interview of Burke by a psychologist on 1/8/1997. The interview was under the authority of Boulder County Social Services, but BPD helped develop the questions and observed from behind two-way glass, along with representatives from BDA, BCSS, and PR's lawyer Pat Burke. (Woodward, p.206)

The independent psychologist selected by BCSS reported after the interview and after reviewing BR's and JBR's medical records that there were no indications of any history of abuse, and that "it was clear the parents did not discuss with him how JonBenét died." "From the interview it is clear that Burke was not a witness to JonBenét's death."

As part of that social services investigation, the Ramseys' names were run through Colorado's child abuse central registry (a reproduction of a page of case notes specifies on 1/2/97 info was "faxed to central registry" Woodward, p.206). Any hit would have been noted in their report.

[Maybe this should be a separate thread--that's what I thought I was doing. I tried to give it a title of Boulder County Social Services from Woodward WHYD. Feel free to move this]

Messages In This Thread
from documentaries and interviews - by jameson245 - 01-28-2017, 03:05 PM
RE: from documentaries and interviews - by meibomius - 02-20-2017, 05:17 AM
1997 Boulder County Social Services in Woodward WHYD - by meibomius - 02-21-2017, 12:27 AM
RE: from documentaries and interviews - by CA4Now - 03-12-2017, 02:38 AM